Week 7: Syntax
Materials from today's class:
In-class activity: Reading Fedorenko & Blank 2020
This activity will take approximately 30 minutes
- Today we'll continue our "learn to read journal articles outside our field" practice. This time we are going to **level-up** by ensuring you know how to summarize the article in words anyone can understand.
- In this guided exercise, you'll work with your breakout group on one section of the Fedorenko & Blank 2020 paper. Your job is to rewrite your section in ELI5 (Explain Like I'm Five) language.
- Rewrite the section on the shared whiteboard here.
- Assigned section available at the link.
ELI5: Explain like I'm 5
Here is an example question and the top voted answer. Full link here.
Missed live lecture today?
- You can participate in this activity by reading the paper on your own (or with a friend) and trying the activity on your own.