Ancient History Encyclopedia is a non-profit company publishing the world's most-read history encyclopedia. Our mission is to engage people with cultural heritage and to improve history education worldwide.
The editorial team is looking for a part-time Travel Editor to manage our upcoming travel section. The Travel Editor will add articles, images, and videos related to history and travel, either writing the articles themselves or sourcing them from partners and volunteer authors.
This is a volunteer position. As a non-profit company we greatly rely on the help of volunteers who are passionate about history.
- Review and edit incoming article submissions for the travel section.
- Source travel-related content from our existing partners, such as Timeless Travels Magazine or Following Hadrian.
- Find new partners who would want to syndicate their content with us in exchange for promotion.
- Recruit volunteer travel authors and photographers.
- Write articles related to history travel.
- Source suitable videos from Youtube and publish them on our website.
Your Place in the Team
- You will work from home. We are a completely global company and everyone works digitally.
- You would report to the Publishing Director, Mark Cartwright.
- You will work closely with the other editors and the social media manager.
- You are able to invest at least five hours per week, spread throughout the working week. We cannot accept volunteers who cannot commit to this time investment.
- You have travelled yourself and you're passionate about travelling to visit historical sites and places. You can convey this passion to others.
- You have an excellent level of written English and you can correct and improve other people's work without removing their voice from the article.
- You must be able to work independently, set your own schedule and stay motivated without face-to-face interactions with colleagues.
- Your textual communication skills are good: You will be communicating with your colleagues and photographers almost exclusively through email.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org including a current CV and an email explaining why you want to volunteer for Ancient History Encyclopedia.