There are 2 ways to authenticate with the Physitrack API.
Practitioners inside PT Direct accounts
- The practitioner must belong to a PT Direct account that has API access enabled.
- Each practitioner uses their own API key, sent as a X-Api-Key header with each http request.
Practitioners without PT Direct accounts
- The practitioner must have an active integration with a patient management system (this can be set from My account > Settings)
- Each http request must include:
X-Api-Key this key visible from the My account > Settings page inside Physitrack
X-Api-PMS-Name the name of the patient management system that the practitioner is integrated with lowercase and words separated by underscores, e.g. cliniko
X-Api-PMS-Key the key that has been generated by the patient management system, and which has been entered into My account > Settings.
Note that all keys and values are case sensitive.
PT Direct accounts & API keys
- Physitrack generates an API key for each practitioner that belongs to a PT Direct account with API access enabled.
- This API key is visible inside PT Direct. Go to the Practitioners page and click on a practitioner to see their API key.
Physitrack's API endpoints are described https://staging.physitrack.com/api/v2/apidocs
For more information on enabling API access, please email your Physitrack account representative or email@example.com.