3/10/2023 Standard Deploy
- Multiple entries in metadata fields should be ordered and maintain order (401) Previously, fields with multiple entries would randomly reorder upon saving. Now the display of multiple entries on the public field will always match the order of input from the edit screen.
- Create a non-public field for admin notes (405) Adds a new field called Administrative Note for free-text entry. Field will only be visible on the public display page for those who are logged in and have edit access to that work.
- Make Resource Type a required field (404) Resource type is a metadata field with multiple drop-down options. This change makes that field a required field going forward. Previous works are unaffected, but a resource type will have to be selected if those works are edited in the future.
- Allow for users to upload works with no files attached in the standard form (406)
2/17/2023 Standard Deploy
- Pushing Hyku fixes into Hyku Commons (382) Fixes a post-upgrade issue with works in mediated-deposit environments being visible while pending and inconsistently appearing in the Under Review dashboard tab
1/12/2023 Standard Deploy
- Enable Google Analytics (339) Enables Google Analytics dashboard and Works and Collections reports from the tenant dashboard. Also enables Analytics button on individual works and files for both staff and public users. Analytics for files currently returns an error, being investigated.
- Fixed issue with new user invitation emails not being sent (359)
- Fixed issue with keywords not displaying in public view post-upgrade (335)
1/5/2023 Standard Deploy
- Collection Level Searching (288) Add full functionality to searching at the collection level. Previously, the search bar at the collection level only searched titles of included works. Now, the search bar functions as a full solr query of all items and subcollections in the collection, searching metadata and in-pdf text.
- Add option for favicon (149) Adds option the Appearance section to upload a favicon image, custom to the individual tenant. This image will appear in the browser tab.
- Bug fix: some tenants could not attach works to collections (336)
- Bug fix: user permission issue in some tenants (357, 358)
- Domain redirect for one tenant addressed post-upgrade (350)
12/8/2022 Standard Deploy
- Fix issue with approval ribbon visibility in neutral theme (337) Post-upgrade, neutral theme settings overrode contrast color in the mediated deposit approval ribbon. Hotfix to correct.
- Fix issue with large repositories throwing to error on Review Submissions tab (334)
- Fix issue with batch editing throwing to error (185) Re-enables batch editing of works from work dashboard. This allows works to be changed in bulk, so long as the user desires identical changes across selected works (includes visibility level)
- Style 500 Error Page (173) Updates the generic in-app error message with a web designed page that includes contact information. See example here
- Add spam filter for contact form (279)
- Add/correct work sharing tab (283) Corrects a bug for the newly added sharing featured in the work upload/edit tab, allows for individual users and groups to be added as either viewers or editors of specific works
- Update work type labels (268) Removes labels from Generic worktype, and corrects display of OER and ETD capitalization for those worktypes
- Fix issue with editing works in Hanover tenant (323)
11/28/2022 Standard Deploy + Upgrade
- System upgraded from 2.1 to 4.1.0! See post here
- Homepage redesign (284, 291, 292)
- Fix Triple Thumbnail Render Error (266) As of implementation, works uploaded will render thumbnail correctly. A script is being run one tenant at a time to revert previously misrendered thumbnails. Users may need to purge their browser cache subsequent to the script being run to see the current thumbnail version.
9/23/2022 Standard Deploy
- Sentry.io ENV Variable update (578) Set up new sentry.io platform for exception handling, should improve maintenance responses
- Add libreoffice to Dockerfile (563) Fixes an issue with users adding .docx files with derivatives. These files now produce thumbnails and pass fixity checks as intended.
7/8/2022 Standard Deploy
- Bug fix: Server Errors on Manual Upload (491) Addressed an issue with AWS nodes and internal infrastructure causing cascading outages with file uploads
- Bug fix: Export Thumbnails (488) Re-enabled export of thumbnails in csv export
- Bug fix: Collections not populating in some instances on IR theme homepage (490)
- Bulkrax: Import Zip with multiple bags with bagit parser (483) Enables user to import a zip file with multiple bags and single csv for metadata applying to all bagged items.
- Bulkrax: Ability to export collection metadata (477) Enable users to export a csv that contains each collection and its metadata. No works or files included, this export mainly intended to accompany bagit export for two-step migration.
- Bulkrax/Bagit: Ability to export fileset metadata (478) Enables user to export filesets (separate from works) and their metadata in a bagit export.
- Bagit: enable bagit for exporter (474)
6/9/2022 Standard Deploy
- Bug Fix: Search not applying to PDF content (431) Fixes an issue where the transcripted text of pdfs was not being included in search results. (Still under review, awaiting reindexing.)
6/2/2022 Standard Deploy
- Exporter shows complete while still processing (468) Fixed an issue where the exporter dashboard prompted users to download file while exporter was still in process.
- Bug: Exporter includes extra files (457) Fixed an issue where exporter would include CSV manifests of previous export jobs along with the current job.
- Bagit: enable bagit parser for importer (473)
- Importer: Dashboard inaccurately showing pending works (471)
- Bug: Export an importer (481) Bug fix
5/12/2022 Standard Deploy
- Bug: ActiveFedora::ObjectNotFoundError (add collection to collection) (461) Bug fix
- Editor User Permissions not working in some production tenants (467) Bug fix
- Bagit Round Trip (476) Enables export of contents in Bagit format and reingestion of same
4/28/2022 Standard Deploy
- Add ability to use ID in parents column (bulkrax) (458) Change to the importer to allow a user to attach a work to a collection that already exists, by referencing the existing collection's Hyku ID in the parents column
- Add generated fields to export (442) Metadata fields generated by Hyku and populated only in the backend (last modified, created, etc) are an option to export. Currently these fields cannot be roundtripped.
- Add hint text to export enhancements (459) Hint text added to new export features (export thumbnails and export generated fields)
4/22/2022 Standard Deploy
- Export of thumbnails (440) Enables users to export item thumbnails as separate files in an export job by selecting the "export thumbnails" option
4/15/2022 Standard Deploy
- Bulkrax upgrade (436) Upgrade Bulkrax to v.3.0.0. This brings in a number of changes that will be reflected in user documentation and future trainings, the most significant of which is the ability to nest works and filesets within collections and parent works and to add metadata-only records without a corresponding file upload.
- Bulkrax Exporter: Export of work, items and collections (439) Enables export of files+metadata or metadata alone. Should still be regarded as experimental while bugs are worked out, but will announce more about this as it comes together.
- Bug: Inaccurate and random data is produced on the importer dashboard (437) Entries Processed, Entries Failed, and Total Work Entries figures in the importer dashboard produced inaccurate totals. Bulkrax updated to correct error, numbers now accurate.
- Bug: “Item has not yet been imported successfully." (438) The importer item record for an imported work displayed the text "item has been yet been imported successfully" on imported works. Item record now provides a link to the work page.
4/7/2022 Standard Deploy
- Contact Form Results in Error Message (415, 435) Continued application of ticket 415 to additional themes, contact form is fully functional and error-free in all themes.
- Add to collection hover text is inaccurate (377) The hover text for Add to Collection button in the collection view screen indicated the opposite of the effect of the button. Text now corrected.
- Files not processing in uploaded works (443) Files in some tenants were not processing. Hotfix applied to fedora corrected issue.
3/23/22 Standard Deploy
- Public Status Page (428) A publicly viewable status page for the Hyku Commons domain and Hyku product is available at https://palnipalciproduction-1646868677141.site24x7signals.com/. A more concise redirect URL will be established shortly [update: status.hykucommons.org]. From this page, anyone with the link can view the status of Hyku. Additionally, users can sign up for email updates through the page.
- Default Collection Thumbnail option (362) From the Collection Edit page, users can select a thumbnail of a work included in the collection to override the default collection thumbnail that appears on homepage and search. This update added an option to select "Default Thumbnail" from this list to return the general default.
3/4/2022 Standard Deploy
- Abbreviated Description in Search Results (324) Collection descriptions and work abstracts now automatically truncate in search results
- Registered Users Being Added to Newly Created Admin Sets (414) Fixed a bug where the Registered Users group would be added as depositors to new admin sets upon creation
- Redirect Domain “Request Entity Too Large” Error (432) Fixed a bug where domains that redirected to Hyku Commons could only upload small files
- Contact Form Results in Error Message (415) Attempted to fix a bug where a user submitting through the contact form will receive an error message, even though the message goes through. This patch worked in staging but not in production, sent back for rework for the next deploy.