Present: Hess, Davis, Heiz, Lougen, Brent, Grimmer, Richmond, Owens, Pritting, Tovstiadi
Agenda & Notes:
- Follow up on Director's meetings
- Tech schools met when the community colleges met
- Colleen posted Comprehensives notes, she will find those
- Colleen will follow up with NOVELNY about long term plans for Gale DB
- SLC Meeting
- Shannon and Esta will request time for us to present at the SLC fall meeting
- Second community update (December? October?)
- The group decided to schedule for December 1st at 1 pm. Esta and Shannon will schedule.
- Usage analysis
- The group reviewed aggregate usage data for the SUNYConnect EBSCO databases
- Curious about the trends of usage and how other factors (pandemic, Primo, enrollment)
- How much of this lowered usage has to do with EBSCO not playing well with Primo?
- The group will meet again to review usage in more depth
- Renewal strategy discussion
- America History and Life with FT, SOCIndex are examples of databases that many campuses subscribe to outside of the package.
- Bring EBSCO list of potential swap outs, swap ins, ask them to propose us.
- The group agreed on moving forward with re-negotiating our package with EBSCO for this renewal cycle.