Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who will we be working with?
- Convoy of Hope - a faith-based, humanitarian-relief organization with a driving passion to feed the world through children’s feeding initiatives, community outreaches, and disaster response. For more information, visit convoyofhope.org.
2. What will we be doing?
- Each trip is unique. We’ll work with our partners to determine how we can best use our gifts to help meet their needs, including service projects such as construction, painting, agriculture, or other plans that help support Convoy’s passion to feed the world.
3. How much does it cost? What’s included? And how will I raise the money?
- The cost for each trip varies based on the destination and includes airfare, meals, lodging, ground transportation, and trip insurance.
- The cost does not include passport, vaccinations, or personal spending money.
- Each team member will be responsible for raising their own funds and securing a passport.
- We will not be hosting church-sponsored group fundraisers.
4. When is the money due?
- Your team leader will discuss financial deadlines specific to your trip and will provide you with resources to help you write support letters to family and friends.
- El Salvador: January 30 - $100 (deposit), February 24 - $1,500, April 21 - $895
- Puerto Rico: January 30 - $100 (deposit), March 10 - $1,500, May 12 - $895
5. Where will we stay, and what will we eat?
- We will generally stay in a clean and safe hotel with access to showers and bottled drinking water.
- Many of our meals will be local cuisine.
6. Who can go?
- Trips are open to Faith Family Church members who have completed Starting Point and are age 18 and up.
- Applicants must be age 18 by the application deadline.
- Applicants may be required to comply with a background check.
7. What kind of training or preparation will I receive?
- Each team will hold a series of team meetings to prepare the team spiritually and practically. This may include team devotionals, practicing personal testimonies, and preparing skits or children’s lessons.
- Attendance at team meetings is required.
- El Salvador: Feb 5, Feb 26, Mar 26, Apr 16, May 7, May 28
- Puerto Rico: Feb 12, Mar 12, Apr 2, May 7, Jun 4, Jun 11
8. What are the benefits of going on a trip?
- Participate in what God is doing around the world.
- Build lasting relationships with your team.
- Experience God in a new way.
- Gain a new perspective on life and ministry.
- Be empowered and encouraged to serve your local community when you return.
- Help fulfill our vision to Go, Grow, Give!
9. How do I apply?
- Apply online at faithfamilyoh.com/missions
- The application will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete and will require a credit card for a non-refundable application fee.
- The application fee will only be charged to your card once your application is accepted and will be applied toward the total cost of your trip.
- All dates and costs are subject to change.
10. What if I have more questions?
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.