Need for System Pillar:
- There is a need for a single co-ordinated approach for development of the railway system, leading to the idea of a 'Single European Rail Area'.
- An European market for Rail would aid in increasing performance and decreasing costs.
- RCA and other initiatives such as OCORA, EULYNX, Linx4Rail are to be brought under the System Pillar in order to establish common European standards and specifications, in addition to define a functional system architecture and operational concepts.
- The System Pillar aims to build on the vision defined by the CCS System Framework, which includes:
- A common European CCS system
- The CCS system should be flexible and adaptive i.e. it should consists of a modular architecture with standardized interfaces.
- Operational Harmonization: With focus on ERTMS Level 2 and 3 implementaion.
- Optimized Traffic Management system will result in consistent data exchange with other services, and focus on digitization allows for real-time decision making.
For more information on System Pillar, please click here
To go back please click here