Week 9: Acquisition II
Materials from today's class:
- Lecture slides
- Zoom recording
- In-class activity (below)
- Vissiennon et al 2017
In-class activity: Prep for Article Summary Challenge
This activity will take approximately 30 minutes
- Next week, you'll summarize an article on your own and submit it to the Article Summary Challenge.
- This week, you'll practice this with your breakout room.
- Your goal today is to use what you learned, especially on reading for our purpose (in ~20-30 minutes) and explaining what we've read in words anyone can understand (without jargon) to write a summary of the Vissiennon et al 2017 article.
- If you have extra time, a likely exam question is something like:
- How does the Vissiennon et al. 2017 paper contribute to what we know about the development of the language network (e.g. the Perani et al. 2011 paper)?
- Discuss with your group to get a jump on studying!
- Feel free to use this form to guide you if you plan to use the approach from our in-class assignment on reading for our purpose.
- Remember to write your summary in words anyone can understand.
Missed live lecture today?
- You can participate in this activity by reading the paper on your own (or with a friend) and trying to summarize it on your own.